Monday 17 May 2010

New Life on the Pond.

This was the long distance view that greeted me on a recent visit to one of my local patches at Epsom Common Ponds. A pair of Canada Geese with their five goslings in tow.
Anticipating that this might present an opportunity for some shots I promptly headed around the pond to where I hoped they may haul out of the water to feed and for once my hunch paid off.


The parents were in close attendance but not too perturbed by my presence...only 'hissed' at me once!

They spent some time partially hidden amoungst this fresh grassy patch and check out those enormous feet.

Still slightly damp from its early morning swim.

This delightful encounter only lasted a few minutes and then I left them in peace.   FAB.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Those little goslings are so darn adorable,I can almost hear there little peep-peep sounds from here!! The next to the last photo is just precious !! Great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how precious! Beautiful images. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, isn't the Canada Geese goslings. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frank,
    I'm jealous, you all have goslings and we do not even have eggs laid in the nest yet ;-) Incredible the difference in time.... Nice post you got and nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Goslings are simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute yellow balls.Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicks look so beautiful and fragile in those images...Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute overload Frank lol
    They really are lovely aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely set of gosling pics Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully captured Frank. As you say - a delightful encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cute goslings! They are just adorable. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos of new life Frank, especially the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, awesome photos FAB! I almost missed this post, gads! Beautiful photos!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi "Early Birders".
    When putting this encounter with the fluffy balls together I mused over he title and after reading ALL your kind comments (dAwN & Jann) I should have named it 'The Awww Factor'! Thanks...FAB.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails