Saturday 3 January 2009

A New Beginning!

So I asked myself - why have I decided to start a blog and what might it contain?

Until a recent chance meeting with a wildlife photographer I had little knowledge of the "world of blogging" but I have always enjoyed passing on what limited knowledge I have accumulated over the past 16 years or so. During the past few weeks I have been regularly dipping in and out of various sites and finally came to the conclusion that somebody out there might want to follow my limited birding and wildlife watching activities.

So my intention is to post a record of my sightings in the garden, at work and locations I visit in Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire and elsewhere throughout the coming year. Whilst I cannot promise professional photos (I am only just getting into to digiscoping with a basic pocket camera) there will I hope be a few examples of what I see or places that I visit. From time to time I may also include a few snippets from past visits to my favourite sites in Norfolk and from a few excursions abroad.

So finally I have to say thanks to Tricia and Richard for encouraging me to take on this new beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fold Richard! Found you via Richard's blog. You will find this community to be very welcoming and supportive. Can't wait to see your birds there in the UK. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry FRANK... it was obviously before I had my first full cup of coffee this morning that I called you Richard...lol! :c)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails