Sunday 4 January 2009

Garden Birds so far......

The dreaded virus has caught up with me again - I just hate being incapacitated and a pre-planned trip to a hotel in the New Forest to celebrate Anita's parents Diamond Wedding Anniversary was nearly thwarted..........but we made the journey and enjoyed a faboulous meal plus meeting up with her family and friends. I was intending to go for a walk in the forest today but in view of the continued aches & pains decided to return home to my own bed.

Not many opportunities to monitor the garden visitors since the start
of the year, but we have seen:

  • Parakeets
  • Blackbirds
  • House Sparrows
  • Blue Tits
  • Dunnock
  • Robin
  • Collared Doves
  • Feral Pigeons
  • Greenfinch (8+)



10 comments:

  1. Hi Frank and welcome to the world of blogging. It does come with a health warning
    "Blogging can get addictive"

    That's a healthy selection of garden visitors you have.

    I look forward to reading more of your exploits over the coming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you got your blog up and running. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Lots of good birding people around here, so enjoy yourself. And like Tricia said "It can be addictive."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frank - came via Richard's at the water blog. Just want to welcome you and glad to have a fellow birder in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frank! Richar @ At the Water sent me. This looks like a really nice place. Love the Thrush (Swainson's?) on your banner.

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Frank :-)

    As per Trisha’s suggestion I’ve popped by to welcome you into the world of blogging. I’d definitely recommend it :-D

    You will meet a variety of like minded people and hopefully find this experience great fun too! Yep… take care with your time too… as Trisha said it can become addictive and once you start browsing other blogs…

    All the best, looking forward to seeing what visits your garden :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Frank, I too have come here from Tricia's blog. I live in Australia and enjoy reading about the very different birds and landscapes she sees. I will enjoy hearing more about your birds - and also your adventures with digiscoping

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Blogdom, Frank! I stopped in for a visit at Richards' suggestion. Lovely photo and I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Frank, I came for a visit via Tricia's blog hope you feel better soon look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails