Saturday 28 May 2016

Blue Tits Fledging.


While checking the progress of vegetable seedlings in the garden this afternoon I realised that the adult Blue Tits were extremely vocal so I went to investigate. 

Initially I thought they were indicating that one of the neighbourhood cats was nearby but then I noticed a very young head peeping out of the nest box so I dashed back indoors to tell Anita and to get the camera.


From about 1.15 pm we watched and counted four young Blue Tits leave the box and fly into a neighbours Birch. 


Including my initial sighting I'm guessing that they successfully reared at least five.

So here are a few images of this event.


 Do I really what to leave?

Hmmm ... it's a bit different out there!
OK ... Here goes.




During the afternoon the adults made various forays to the feeder closest to the house and carried food back to their fledglings who remained in their hidden location. I caught one adult vocalising as another local feline slinked across the patio!

Linking to:
I'D-Rather-B-Birdin'
Nature Notes
Wild Bird Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. Preciosas fotos del herrerillo, me han gustado mucho. Saludos desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Frank that was lovely that you actually saw them fledging and captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next door's cats have scared every bird out of our garden alas. Those pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Frank!:) Caught on camera just in time, and lovely shots of them staring out at their new envirament. I hope they do as well as their parents did rearing them. We have two occupied nest boxes in our garden, one with Blue Tits and one with Coal Tits, but I fear they may not fare as well as the Blue Tits in your garden because of the atroscious weather conditions we are having, and the parents have to contend with the many Jays at our feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding...both photos and your narrative. I really enjoyed the excitement, the hesitation, and the beautiful colors of this species. Well done.

    Thank you so much for taking time to participate, adding your link to this post, at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful close ups! It's always so nice to see young ones. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How exciting for you to capture this little bird family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great sequence of shots Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely to see these photo's ...
    Thank you

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant array of the Blue Tit, it's feathers weren't too high...............

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute. Love their expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Frank and good timing on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...how sweet...I hope they make it to adulthood ....!! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great you were able to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great series! of these little Blue Tits! they are very cute ;-))
    Brillant shots, good catch!
    Greetings,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails