Tuesday 7 March 2017

Redwing.

The most abundant thrush seen on my local patch and during my recent farmland survey is the Redwing (Turdus iliacus), a regular winter migrant from Northern Europe.

Easy to identify but definitely not the easiest species to get very close to as at the slightest hint of any disturbance they all fly off to the nearest trees. Fortunately I was able to make use of the dense hedgerow and utilize a small gap to hide my presence for these record cropped shots.

Linking to:
Wild Bird Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. Hallo Frank
    tolle Aufnahmen mit sehr schöner Perspektive
    Grüsse Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...reminds me of our Thrush. Hoping that this finds you and Anita doing well~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une bien belle jolie grive ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen very few Winter Thrushes this Winter Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, your Redwing is a beautiful bird. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loverly bird - distinctive call as well - but you are right, they are nervous.

    Hope you found the link button.

    Cheers - Stewart M - In Melbourne, but jet-lagged!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails