Wednesday 25 July 2018

Ruddy Darter.


I took a late morning stroll on Epsom Common yesterday in hot, muggy conditions hoping to grab some more butterfly images but instead came home with something entirely different.

A male Ruddy Darter (Sympetrum sanguineum) decided to land on a strand of the electric fencing, erected to isolate the Belted Galloway that are used for habitat management, without any ill effect. Now if I had touched it there would have been at least a few unforgettable tingles!!

The male didn't hang around for any close-ups but I found a female that was far more cooperative.




2 comments:

  1. Amazing close-ups. Love the many details you managed to capture. Have a great day!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails