Monday 15 February 2016

Sitting Pretty.






A trip to Hayling Island today provided an opportunity to walk part of the 'Billy Trail' and a brief encounter with a male [Common] Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus). I initially spotted him hovering over a nearby paddock in a very strong breeze while searching for voles and then he decided to take a rest on a fence post.




I guess the 'click' of the camera briefly caught his attention but he quickly returned to eyeing up any movement beneath a nearby hedge before pouncing on some likely prey unfortunately out of my line of sight.

Linking to WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.

25 comments:

  1. You captured the Kestrel beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels special to get close to such a beautiful creature, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of a wonderful little falcon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kestrels and you got some splendid shots there Frank. I hope that you and your loved ones are doing well~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav is the first shot with its head cocked down eyeing the ground below. Nice to see the sun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome captures of the Kestrel! I never find them in good lighting. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots Frank. I've not been able to get a decent one of a Kestrel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to spy one of these, myself. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank, he is gorgeous...perfect shot!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great encounter with lovely photos Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous bird. You have some wonderful shots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are great little birds - always good to watch a BOP hunting.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me encanta la segunda imagen donde está mirando a la cámara.
    ¡Precioso pájaro!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty feathered friend, and that first capture is something incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful encounter! What great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, and pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails