Saturday 13 June 2009

Blogger Award

Amazed, gobsmacked, et al to receive this ‘Kreativ Blogger Award’ from Mona at Montanagirl. I never expected or indeed even try to compete with the many experienced photographers, including Mona, but always hoped that my words and pictures tell something of the natural world that I see and feel around me. Thanks Mona for this nomination and for visiting AND commenting so regularly it is much appreciated.

So here are the 7 steps of this award:

1 Thank the person who nominated you for this award;
2 Copy the logo & place it on your blog;
3 Link to the person who nominated you for the award;
4 List 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting;
5 Nominate 7 ‘Kreativ Bloggers’;
6 Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate;
7 Leave a comment on each of the 7 blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

So here are my nominations: I have chosen them for different reasons but they all seek to inspire either through their words or images or both and I thank them and everyone else who visits the “Early Birder” for their very supportive comments during my fledgling months as a blogger.

Kelly @ Red and the Peanut http://redandthepeanut.blogspot.com/ - Your enthusiasm is infectious.
Heather @ Heather of the Hills http://heather-heatherofthehills.blogspot.com/ - Creative in thought, words and pictures.
Michele @ The Rocky Mountain Retreat http://chunkymountains.blogspot.com/ – Brings the natural world to us even thro’ her own adversity.
Crista @ Nature As Is http://nature-as-is.blogspot.com/ - Makes me smile every day.
Keith @ holding moments. http://holdingmoments.blogspot.com/ - A kindred spirit.
and http://ofdamselsanddragons.blogspot.com/- Nature at her fingertips.
Val @ pause photo http://val-pausephoto.blogspot.com/ - Exquisite photography

So here are a few things you may not know about the “Early Birder”:
1 The hairdresser never lets me see the top of my head in the mirror after he has cut my hair – Is the thin patch getting any bigger?


2 Some say ‘If looks could kill, I definitely wouldn’t need a gun’ and others say ‘when you raise your eyebrows it always makes me laugh!

3 My ideal location – In the middle of nowhere enjoying nature at its best.

4 I hate swimming but loved canoeing during my earlier years.

5 It has been said that I’m not the easiest person to get to know but once you are really my friend, then you are a friend for life.

6 A memory like an Elephant but for some reason can’t always remember the important birthdays!

7 Never thought of as being creative, more a perfectionist – I originally trained to be an engineering draughtsman but my working life followed a very different path.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you Frank - your blog is indeed creative and inspiring! And I am deeply honored to be nominated by you. Thank you so much. I enjoyed reading your 7 Little Known Facts! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the award, Frank, and you do take some amazing photos. And you always write informative and interesting posts. Enjoy the award!!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Frank, a deserved award.

    Thanks for the nomination.
    Hmmm, gonna have to give some thought to what I say in the '7 things' lol

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!
    Thanks so much! I really enjoy your nomination and will soon pass it around!
    Thanks.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Frank, you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your well-deserverd award, Frank! Thank you for thinking of me. I'm not sure if I can pull this whole thing off (I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from!) I did enjoy reading your seven facts. My brother was/is(complete disability now) a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer using CAD. Was that the same area you were interested in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Frank - well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone. All your comments are much appreciated.

    spookydragonfly. I do hope you are able to join in..but no rush. I didn't come across CAD in the mid 60's, it was all still hand drawn & mental calculations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Frank!! Thank you for thinking of me and passing on the award! I just returned from vacation. I've been in Hilton Head for 11 days and have fallen behind on visiting all my blogging friends (was dealing with a very slow connection and my portable computer). I can't wait to get back in the swing of things. I'll get to work on your award--7 things....hmmmm. Thank you again for always being so kind and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes! This is indeed a very special honor to be included among all of these very good blogs you have included here... I cannot thank you enough.
    Thank you so much!
    I congratulate you as well, my friend for receiving this award. You deserve it many times over!
    ~Michele~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly. Thanks for the return message....I'll be back later next week to catch upo with your trip photos etc.

    Michele. I've said it before & I'll say it again "You deserve it".
    I would rather be in the Rocky Mountains now than what I may have to face tomorrow. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails