Friday 19 September 2014

Some Recent Wildlife.

A few images of the wildlife I've seen recently.

A distant, cropped shot of three in a row on the muddy margins of the Ferry Pool at Siddlesham. (The green smudges were foliage close to the lens!)
From left to right .. Avocet, Black-tailed Godwit and an Oystercatcher.

The Avocet adults were happy to let the Godwit pass by their resting youngster BUT the Oystercatcher was definitely not a welcome intruder. The defiant sideways glance was enough to deter the Oystercatcher treading any closer.

During a butterfly foray near Ewhurst, Surrey I watched a Red Kite being harassed by several Crows.

A Magpie at Tices Meadows where I also caught up with a Little Stint and my 4th only UK sighting of a Pectoral Sandpiper in the last 10 years. Unfortunately both these waders were too far distant for the lens.

A regular resident on my local patch walks ... Great-spotted Woodpecker.
 
A Painted Lady at rest on the perimeter of the disused Wisley Airfield.

While wandering alongside a watercourse in Bushy Park a Red Doe very quietly emerged from the lush green foliage, continued to feed and totally ignored my presence. After about 10 minutes she slowly wandered away but still kept a beady eye on you know who!

Wishing everyone a glorious wildlife watching weekend, wherever you are. FAB.

Linking to I'D-Rather-B-Birdin', Saturday's Critters and Camera Critters.

20 comments:

  1. gorgeous doe! love the grouping of shorebirds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ones, Frank. The first shot looks like a parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great closeup of the deer, love the Magpie and the first two shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank, so many wonderful birds! I love the upwards curling bill of avocets! Your great spotted woodpecker is magnificent, and how sweet to see the doe! I have only seen 1 or 2 kites in my life, so seeing a kite would be amazing. I have never been around them long enough to actually learn their behaviors, a key part of bird watching as you well know! Your photos are wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I like the three amigos in the first photo! Beautiful magpie and Red Doe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank. awesome series. I love the first shot of the three shorebirds.. And the Deer is so cute. Great post. Thank you for linking up, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a group discussion is on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a proud woodpecker, a great capture with that photo, as are all the others too. A beautiful day in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice set of photos, FAB. Love the line-up on the beach of the Avocets, Godwit and Oyster Catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful collection of critters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great captures of all the critters. Love the closeup of the doe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos, like those with the Avocets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That doe is giving you the eye, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course I must say I loved all the water fowl together like this...those images are so wonderful to see.

    But, the deer stole my heart this morning!! Beautiful images.

    Thank you for sharing your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful birds, and that's a great close-up of the doe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that last shot was amazing; i love magpies...wish we had them down here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got some fantastic shots! That first group is like a caravan, so perfectly spaced in a row!

    beautiful magpie, too...love it's tail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful series. I love the handsome Magpie and the beautiful doe.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I always appreciate your comments and feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails